04 December, 2017

Diversifying My Risk in USA

I have not been blogging since September because I honestly felt out of touch of and lost of mood.

All in all, there is not much updates as well recently as the markets are tipping high. 
I am looking forward to my AWS (Annual Wage Salary) like many other workers but bonus is the one to look out for next year. Here are the events that bought me into the month of December, my highlights and the low-lights:

Highlights:
•        Went back playing the sports I loved the most, badminton and soccer. I finally felt old. 
•        Entered the US market - an undervalued stock which I found potential in and it is doing well now. However, it is not a huge fraction of my overall portfolio.
•        Sold FCOT at “CD” period, feeling it may be near its peak price just like FCL.
This is partly sold to accommodate my holdings in USA, in discipline to my personal investment threshold.
•        Singtel confirms on its Special Dividends ;the amount is not as much as most have anticipated.
•        Went to Japan, my very first time witnessing the autumn beauty
•        A wake up call after seeing a friend being jobless for months following a  retrenchment-  Always cherish what you have, a job and the ability to spend or save.  
•        While I choose to attend weddings wisely, glad to have witness a buddy entering the next stage of life in November.

Lowlights:
•        Went to Japan, wallet was slightly burnt. The use of Airbnb saved pretty much of the cost. (Total cost is about SGD 2,300- 2,400 per pax for 6 days; not too shabby?)
•        Trading Performance : Win, Lose , Lost. Overall, it is a small loss and I find it tiring and decided that I will never trade again.
•        Being in the same job can be quite sickening at times, which is what I am feeling.Will be looking for a better opportunity ,and hopefully it is able to cover the expected work bonus to be given in April 2018.
•        Fell sick and have not recovered- it is neither too serious nor minor. This is however the worst low-lights of the past two months.

Till next time. 

1 comment:

  1. " A wake up call after seeing a friend being jobless for months following a retrenchment- Always cherish what you have, a job and the ability to spend or save. "

    Indeed. Cherish what you have !!

    ReplyDelete